Celebrate the Light Gala
SAVE THE DATE
Friday, November 9, 2018
Milwaukee Public Museum
Walk up the grand staircase and get ready to celebrate life worth living amid the vivid backdrop of countries, cultures and world wonders at the Milwaukee Public Museum. Chat with friends under a 36-foot long Humpback whale, explore diversity of life as you browse the silent auction, savor an appetizer in front of the butterfly garden and even give a toast to Milwaukee’s beloved gorilla, Samson.
After the dinner and program, hop aboard a life-size streetcar that will transport you on a journey back in time to Milwaukee’s yesteryear. Enjoy dessert, coffee or an evening beverage as you and your friends stroll down the gaslit lanes of the newly re-imagined interactive Streets of Old Milwaukee before the evening concludes.
The 2017 Celebrate the Light Gala has come and gone, but the light continues to shine bright on patients and programs at Rogers Behavioral Health. Thanks to a record 425 guests, 80 sponsors, 67 auction donors,19 Gala committee members and countless Gala Heroes (Rogers staff), more than $180,000 in free treatment will be given to individuals and families in need!
For the second year, the Milwaukee Public Museum delighted guests with its unique and elegant backdrop for the Gala. By all accounts, it was a beautiful evening filled with heartwarming stories of hope and resilience, alluring auction and raffle items, entertaining music and song, mouthwatering food and drinks, and smiling people all around. Here are just a few highlights:
- Toes tapped and voices hummed throughout the cocktail reception thanks to musician Michael Drake and his vocal soloist.
- What would you like for dinner, Sir? Shully’s Cuisine and Events impressed guests by taking table-side menu orders and serving up three truly delicious entrees.
- The power of story educated and inspired guests during the evening’s featured presentation, “Shatter the Stigma.” The program demonstrated how sharing one’s story can create strength and support for those with mental health challenges, and it underlined the critical role that Rogers InHealth plays in reducing stigma thanks to its many evidence-based initiatives, such as Honest Open Proud (HOP).
- One lucky lady had a sparkle in her eye after winning the “Shine Brighter” Jewelry Raffle. The winner received a gift card worth $2,500 in stunning gems and jewels from Lyle Husar Designs!
- Art for Sale! Each creation by Rogers’ Art Therapists gave a visual representation of how art can be used to achieve one’s mental health and wellness goals.
- The party raged on in the Streets after the program with dessert, coffee and an after-dinner beverage before signing off on another fantastic event!
Thank you to everyone who helped to make this year’s Gala one for the record books!
Thank you 2018 Gala Sponsors and Underwriters!
Ellenbecker Investment Group
SOUNDS OF HOPE SPONSOR
Bernadette Furlong Agency, Inc.
Dr. Crain and Maggie Bliwas
Heritage Printing | UnitedHealthcare